We promise, this won’t hurt a bit.
Everyone knows that it’s important to have a Will and to make sure your Estate is in order so that you don’t saddle your family with confusion or conflict right at the time they’re grieving. So why is it that so many of us never seem to make Will & Estate planning a priority?
Planning should include a Power of Attorney for Property and a Power of Attorney for Personal Care. We want you to know that creating a Will doesn’t have to be difficult, expensive or time-consuming. In most cases, it can be completed and out of the way within two meetings – and we ensure that your Will is safely stored so that it’s easily accessed when needed.
We offer a Simple Will for a Couple package and a similar Simple Will for an Individual package which both include powers of attorney for personal care and property. A Simple Will does not involve a complex distribution or the creation of trusts.
Email us for more information with “Couple’s Will” or “One Will” in the subject line.
We’ll help you ensure that:
- Your Will is signed and executed appropriately so your wishes are carried out when you’re no longer available
- You have defined Executors and/or Trustees
- Special bequests are defined according to your wishes
- Children, step-children and grandchildren are appropriately accommodated
- Provision is made for friends or family members not ordinarily covered by Ontario law
- Where appropriate, we’ll communicate with your executors/trustees promptly and efficiently
Our Wills & Estates practice includes:
- Drafting Wills
- Power of Attorney (Financial)
- Power of Attorney (Personal Care)
- Storage of Your Important Documents
- Probate Applications
- Contesting a Will
- Estate Administration and Distribution
- Estate Litigation
- Guardianship Applications