SullivanLaw is looking to add a litigation associate to its practice.
This could be a fantastic opportunity for a junior lawyer interested in a litigation practice, or a more experienced lawyer with his or her own practice who needs a place to call home.
If you have a passion for litigation, problem-solving and watering office plants, consider joining SullivanLaw. We can discuss employment or if you prefer to remain more autonomous, we can discuss options.
What the position offers:
- A good working environment and culture that believes in a healthy work/life balance
- Internal referrals and billable work on existing family and civil litigation files
- Some solicitor work may be available to keep things interesting
- As much mentorship as you want or can stand
- Office resources to accomplish the tasks
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, accommodations for a safe and practical work environment
What the ideal lawyer brings:
- Interest in litigation, principally family and civil (but other areas are available)
- A desire to join a thriving practice but would also like some work/life balance, too
- A book of business or eagerness to building a practice
- Research and writing skills
- Good organizational skills
- An entrepreneurial streak
What we expect:
- Excellence and diligence, not perfection, in service to clients
- You will take the practice of law and the obligations lawyers have seriously, but do not take yourself too seriously
- You may have to water the plants from time to time. The upside is that we have snacks
- You are a paid-up member of the Law Society of Ontario
- French or other language proficiency is an asset but not a requirement
Does this sound like you?
Please send a cover letter and C.V. to the attention of Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be requested at an interview and we’ll also ask you for a sample of your legal writing.
Get in touch – we’d love to hear from you.