SullivanLaw is looking to add a new lawyer to its practice.
This could be a fantastic opportunity for a junior lawyer interested in a litigation practice, or a more experienced lawyer with his or her own practice who needs a place to call home.
If you have your own book of business, consider joining SullivanLaw. We can discuss employment, or, if you prefer to remain on your own, we have referrals and agency options.
What the position offers:
- A good working environment and culture that believes in a healthy work/life balance
- Internal referrals and billable work on existing family and civil litigation files
- Some solicitor work may be available to keep things interesting
- As much mentorship as the successful candidate needs or wants
- Office resources to accomplish the tasks
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, accommodations for a safe and practical work environment
What the ideal lawyer brings:
- Interest in litigation, principally family and civil (but other areas are available)
- A desire to join a thriving practice but would also like some work/life balance, too
- A book of business but looking forward to building it up
- Research and writing skills
- Good organizational skills
- An entrepreneurial streak
What we expect:
- Excellence and diligence, not perfection, in service to clients
- The successful candidate will take the practice of law and the obligations lawyers have seriously, but does not take oneself too seriously
- You may have to water the plants from time to time. The upside is that we have snacks
- You are a paid-up member of the Law Society of Ontario
- French language proficiency is an asset but not a requirement
Does this sound like you?
Please send a cover letter and C.V. to the attention of Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org before 3:00 pm, May 6, 2021. References will be requested at an interview and we’ll also ask you for a sample of your legal writing.
Get in touch – we’d love to hear from you.