We’re looking for an associate to join SullivanLaw. This could be a great opportunity for a new lawyer interested private practice at a small litigation firm. Or, this may be of interest to a more experienced lawyer who wants the benefits of a small firm without the risks of sole proprietorship.
What the ideal new associate looks like:
- Interested in litigation, principally family and civil (but other areas are available)
- Someone who wants to join an active, thriving practice but would also like some work/life balance, too
- Someone looking forward to building a book of business
- Someone who has some clients and prospects already
- Someone with great research and writing skills
- Is well-organized and has an entrepreneurial streak
- Is interested in having an outlet (like our blog) to post one’s smart ideas about the law
- Is called to the Bar in Ontario
- French language proficiency is an asset but not a requirement
What the position looks like:
- The Associate will assist with existing family and civil litigation files
- Some solicitor work may be available to keep things interesting
- The Associate will be expected to build a book of business but we can help
- We expect excellence and diligence, not perfection, in our service to clients
- Remuneration will be based partly on salary, but the big bucks will come as the practice grows
- You may have to water the plants from time to time. The upside is that we have free snacks
Does this sound like you?
Please send a cover letter and C.V. to the attention of Rebecca Lewis at email@example.com before 3:00 pm, July 20, 2018. References will be requested at an interview, and we’ll also ask you for a sample of your legal writing.
Get in touch – we’d love to hear from you.